The history of the Hotel BAYERISCHER HOF

In November 1918 Hans Seuss - * 24.02.1892 + 28.05.1954 - bought the inn "Bayerischer Hof". On 14 Juli 1923 he married Berta, born Schöntag - * 18.03.1898 + 14.12.1978.

Under the guidance of the family, a complete renovation and expansion of 3 upper levels was completed in winter 1927/28. In the beginning of the 1930´s the hotel was expanded further and a lot, where today the garage and the park deck are located, was purchased. Continuously renovation and modernisation to include an elevator, walk-in refrigerators, laundry, and dishwasher made the house one of the leading hotels in Bayreuth. It was a favourite for businessmen, artists, and festival guests.

On 11th April 1945, 3 days before the arrival of the American Army, the hotel was completely destroyed by the last bomb attack on Bayreuth.

By the unrelenting efforts of family and staff, the new Bayerischer Hof has been rebuilt.

Hotel drawing

From the hotel chronicles:
The 2nd generation
The 3rd generation

We are proud of our Bayerischer Hof and hope you will find here a home far from home.